Thursday, January 13, 2005

Something Special


Well there was a hurricane over here this week. Ninety mile an hour winds here and N. Ireland, England. Flooding in England and here. In N. Ireland and here the wind was so strong it blew semies of a bridge. 10,000 people had no electricty. It was the biggest one in a decade. So windy. About my last blog. It was the first win in ten years for the mens down hill skiing team. I recorded down hill racing. First time they should Canadian skiers. One of are guys got in tenth place. I see were getting half a year of nhl hockey. My mate at work will be really happy about this. They'll start back showing games on tv. Saw Alexander last night and saw House Of Flying Daggers on sunday.
Here is one of Louis Riel's Poems

For sustenance
I have a bit of fruit
The hard earth greets me
Every night as
I lie down in the cold
Sad and alone in the woods
The wind I hear always murmuring
It seems to me your voice
My beloved country
It seems to me your voice
My adorable sweetheart
The day I find
Is not so long
Though I experience
The most profound
Sorrow. Yet my soul is charmed
When from the sun that shimmers
I see a wreath of flame
This crown, it shines for you
My beloved country
This crown, it shines for you
My adorable sweetheart

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Nice title, Jon. It's an interesting poem, too! Certainly never read that one before.

January 14, 2005 at 12:08 a.m.  
Blogger m@ said...

Actually it doesn't look like we'll get any NHL this season, and perhaps the next season will start late too.
We had a Canadian skiier who one two of Grand Slalom races back to back, that was before Christmas sometime. I don't remember his name, but the first race was in Italy. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, it's hard to tell sometimes.
I just finished watching a thing on tv about the Glaswgow Tower (I think that's what it's called), by a science centre or something. Have you been there? It looks pretty damn interesting.

January 15, 2005 at 9:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home