Big Boom
Well I'm almost done reading the book I got on Louis Riels life. Just finished reading the chapter where he was sentenced to be hung. Honestly tears came to my eyes when the jurors came out and where crying I believe, where escorted by a mountie. You could tell they where forced to sentence him by the mounties and it was a corrupt case. Was all horrible. To think all he wanted was the land owed to the Metis and he was even working for everyone in then the Northwest. All the fault of John A Macdonald. Nowadays still west doesn't mean much to the east. Have things changed now adays in Manitoba. Well I want to look into I saw on the cbc website that the Ukrainians where really persecuted when they came to Manitoba. Thank God that the Orangeman stuff doesn't exist anymore. Far as I know. We could have shared the land, everyone. Silly that people had to write to John A Macdonald just to get land. Not a good past, where better now. Here's to saying we even get better in the future. I say Hotel Rwanda and The Woodsman last week. Both excellent and intense movies. You'll all know what Hotel Rwanda is about. The Woodsman is about a pedafile who is just coming out of prision. Played by Kevin Bacon. Very intense. Also wicked last week on the tub on the way home they're where some Russians I believe sitting a little ways away from me. I guessed this because one of the guys that was sitting with them had a soviet star on his classic Russian hat. The group got of at my stop but I was to shy to say anything. It's very rare to see Russians here in Scotland I have been told.


1 Comments:
Looking forward to reading the book. Like to borrow it when you come home.
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home