Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Loch Lomond & Etc


Hi. I got monday to thursday which I have to work on off work. So on monday James, Bryan, and I headed out to Loch Lomond, Stirling, and finally Edinburgh. We were supposed to get are car at 8 am from enterprise but they didn't t have a car for us there. They told us at 11 am that they would have a car in for sure. It didn't t take to 11 to get the car cause they phoned us at 10:30. Picked us up and then James filled out some forms and off we headed to Loch Lomond. It is amazing lee beautiful. It's a humongus lake, and Ben Lomond was bigger then I expected it to be. Ben Lomond is a small mountain on Loch Lomond which is a lake. The three of us drove up the lake and stopped at some of the parks and took pictures. First sand beach that I walked on in the UK. It looks in some area's like the Canadian shield. Also I noticed a wakeboarding boat going along the lake, got to check out if they do wakeboarding lessons on Loch Lomond. We spent around three hours at Loch Lomond and then we headed to Stirling(William Wallace, The Battle of Stirling Bridge). Took just over an half an hour to get there. We first headed to the William Wallace monument. It pretty much is a 300 foot tower I've been told. It's at the top of a big hill. You can see really far. Stirling and the country side around it is a big valley and small mountains surrounding the valley. We decided not to head inside because it cost to much.
James and Bryan said they would wait for me to go inside if I wanted but I didn't want to leave them outside waiting for me. Then next we headed to Stirling Castle. It pretty much is a small version of Edinburgh castle. Also it was to much money to go inside. Next after Stirling we went on a little castle tour on are drive to Edinburgh. Fun driving through towns and everyone looking around trying to spot the castles in the town. When we were driving to Edinburgh one side of the road was prairie lands like in Manitoba and on the other side of the road were small mountains. We headed over the Forth something bridge that was very cool architect. The last stop of the day was Edinburgh. We were going to go inside of the castle but it was just closing when we arrived. So then we headed down the Royal Mile and bought some haggis(which was very good, Scottish Food) and some pizza and headed up to the small mountain that I saved for us three to climb. Are prize for reaching the top of the small mountain was the Haggis. We sat up there for the sunset. Then we headed back to Glasgow.

Yesterday finally went and saw The Passion Of Christ. I treated James and Bryan to it. I didn't find it anti-semistic. All I can say is that it was excellent.

God Bless, Hope it is nice and sunny were you are in the world

jp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home